This is fantastic, because the other two things I would like for us all to
consider is Gerrit+Jenkins support.

I'll be talking to you to get more details.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerd Hoffmann [mailto:kra...@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:39 AM
To: Bruce Cran <br...@cran.org.uk>
Cc: Justen, Jordan L <jordan.l.jus...@intel.com>; Mangefeste, Tony
<tony.mangefe...@intel.com>; edk2-devel@lists.01.org <edk2-de...@ml01.01.org>
Subject: Re: [edk2] EDK2 Staging Repository

On Mi, 2016-03-09 at 16:57 -0700, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On 3/9/16 2:59 PM, Jordan Justen wrote:
>
> > So far I have a setup that can test building BaseTools and OVMF on
> > Linux. The Windows setup is a little more complicated, but I don't
> > think it should be too difficult.
>
> I guess that's Linux x86_64? Any solution we come up with should also
> be extendable to AARCH64.

I do have jenkins running, doing the builds for https://www.kraxel.org/repos/,
including aarch64 and arm builds (using a cross compiler).

If there is interest I configure jenkins to send build failures to the list
too.  There are some drawbacks though:

  (1) There are false positives now and then for various reasons:
      * Now and then manual invention is needed to keep things going
        (for example on openssl updates).
      * The rpm package has patches which need a rebase now and then.
      * Occasionally infrastructure hickups.
  (2) Sometimes it takes me a few days to deal with those issues,
      jenkins will keep on reporting the build failures until I did.
  (3) The system runs on a private network behind a NAT router, so you
      wouldn't be able to click on the links for build logs etc, all you
      get is the mail reporting the failure.
  (4) It's designed to provide rpms for the master branch, that it
      test-builds the master branch is more a side-effect.  I most
      likely wouldn't extend this to also build staging branches.

If you ever wondered how Laszlo notices quickly if someone breaks the build, he
gets the jenkins reports ;)

cheers,
  Gerd