Von: edk2-devel <edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org> im Auftrag von Rafael Machado
<rafaelrodrigues.mach...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 28. März 2016 18:00
An: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Betreff: [edk2] Question about Chipset initialization

Hi everyone.

I'm doing some studies related to audio at UEFI. To in future enable BIOS
to be accessible. This is part of my MSc in Computer Science degree. It's
take some time, but I'm not worried. The challenge was already accepted.

Currently I'm checking is the chipset is already enabled correctly at the
point a UEFI application can be executed after DXE phase.

My questions are:

What is normally the driver that enable the chipset?
Is it at PEI phase or at DXE phase ?

To understand the scenario and how things work at this point, I'm doing
some reverse engineering using UEFITool and the framework radare2. Any
other idea about how to proceed with these studies would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Rafael R. Machado