On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 07:58:56PM +0200, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> On 05/28/16 02:38, Rall wrote:
> > I installed UDK2015 on Windows 10 (64 Bit) and made HelloWorld running.
> >

> > Now I followed all instructions of 'Intel UEFI Development Kit Debugger Tool
> > (version 1.5)' preparing a source level debugable qemu OVMF.
> >
> > Therefor I removed IsaSerialDxe.INF in FDF, disabled PcdIsaAcpiCom1Enable on
> > DEC and build -t VS2010x86 -D SOURCE_DEBUG_ENABLE -D DEBUG_ON_SERIAL_PORT.
> >

> > I tried the connection remote (2 PCs), as well as with COM0COM - all in
> > vain. What goes wrong - I really stuck.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Is this a
> physical debugger-debuggee setup? Or are you working with virtual machines?
>
> Anyway, I have tried the UDK Debugger once before, between two QEMU
> virtual machines whose serial ports I connected. Unfortunately the setup
> didn't work for me, the initial handshake never seemed to complete
> between the debug agent and the debugger.
>
> For debugging OVMF (and perhaps debugging out-of-tree code running on
> it), in a QEMU virtual machine, you can find a write-up here:
> <https://edk2.bluestop.org/w/tianocore/debugging-with-gdb/>.

Hi Laszlo,

I currently maintained a local branch for DebugPkg and rebase it to the
commit for debugging. Since the setup of UDK Debugger for OVMF is quite
frustrating (another VM for debugger doesn't sound a good idea),
DebugPkg is obviously a better solution.

Is it possible to include DebugPkg into OVMF officially?

Thanks,

Gary Lin