On 10/16/16 07:23, Vladimir Olovyannikov wrote:
> This allows managing (create, delete, modify, fat format) of GPT
> partitions from within UEFI Shell.
> Syntax:
> gpt <command> [device_mapped_name] [parameters...]
> See usage examples in the .uni file
> ---
>  .../Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/FatFormat.c     |  611 +++++++
>  .../Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/FatFormat.h     |  111 ++
>  .../Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/GptWorker.c     | 1902
> ++++++++++++++++++++
>  .../Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/GptWorker.h     |  186 ++
>  .../UefiShellGptCommandLib.c                       | 1135 ++++++++++++
>  .../UefiShellGptCommandLib.inf                     |   79 +
>  .../UefiShellGptCommandLib.uni                     |  117 ++
>  ShellPkg/ShellPkg.dec                              |    1 +
>  ShellPkg/ShellPkg.dsc                              |    4 +
>  9 files changed, 4146 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/FatFormat.c
>  create mode 100644 ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/FatFormat.h
>  create mode 100644 ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/GptWorker.c
>  create mode 100644 ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/GptWorker.h
>  create mode 100644
> ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/UefiShellGptCommandLib.c
>  create mode 100644
> ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/UefiShellGptCommandLib.inf
>  create mode 100644
> ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellGptCommandLib/UefiShellGptCommandLib.uni

This looks like a supremely welcome, long-awaited addition (latest
request:
<https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2016-October/002667.html>),
but it really needs your Signed-off-by, and the Contributed-under line
above it:

ShellPkg/Contributions.txt

I would also suggest (simply based on what I've seen elsewhere in edk2)
to keep the copyright notices tightly collected in the file headings.

Someone will have to go over all the licenses too -- does the "Marvell
BSD License Option" for example correspond to the 3-clause BSDL?

On the technical side, I believe that as long as a shell command (or a
command option) is not standardized (in the shell spec), it usually
starts with an underscore (_), so as to prevent future name collisions.
(I could be wrong about this -- I now recall the TFTP command, which is
also not in the 2.2 spec.)

Just my two cents.

Thanks