Hi Jiewen,

On 2016.11.12 21:44, Yao, Jiewen wrote:
I realize that the side-effect of library solution is that: we need
update DSC file to add Library instance.

Yes. I started looking at the library option, and I'm kind of wondering if we really want to put code in a library when it's unlikely that any of the hooks will be used anywhere but once, and in the very specific locations we have now.

I still don't mind going that route if that's what we decide, but creating a non-generic library, that is only going to be used to build a single application seems a bit like an overkill.

Now I am thinking the third options:
3.1.3) 2 INF without MACRO.
3.1.3.A) Remove EFI_EBC_DEBUGGER_CODE
3.1.3.B) EBC driver always calls EbcDebuggerHookXXX.
3.1.3.C) Create a EbcDebuggerHookNull.c and add it to EbcDxe.inf.
So that no change is needed for a platform, and no PCD is introduced.

This sound like a more elegant solution.

I like this option better than the others so far, so that's what I'll go with for v2.

3.1.3.F) I still suggest we remove EbcInit.h and EbcExecute.h from
Edb.h. The common definition should be in a better place.

Agreed.

I'll try to move the common parts to MdePkg\Include\Protocol\Ebc.h in the new proposal, if that's still okay with you.

Regards,

/Pete