From: edk2-devel <edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org> On Behalf Of Anatol Pomozov
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 12:03 AM
To: Richardson, Brian <brian.richard...@intel.com>
Cc: edk2-devel@lists.01.org
Subject: Re: [edk2] Enabling network interface for Realtek8168 chip

Awesome, thank you Brian!

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 7:42 PM, Richardson, Brian <brian.richard...@intel.com>
wrote:
> You can try the UEFI UNDI driver available for download from Realtek's
> website:
>
> http://www.realtek.com/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&P
> Fid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=fa&SortByDesc=1

I contacted Zako's device firmware maintainer to add this driver to the
firmware blob.

Meanwhile I am thinking what can I do to try this driver myself (in case if
maintainer is busy and will not make the changes quickly).

Is there a way to load this driver programmatically from my UEFI application?
So I can request and use SimpleNetworkProtocol. Googling did not give me any
clear answer on this topic.

And if it does not work, what are other ways for me to enable the network?