+Stephano

On 10/17/18 16:58, Zeng, Star wrote:
> On 2018/10/17 21:10, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

>> I have requested earlier [1], and now I'm doing so again, that CVE fixes
>> please all mention the CVE number in the *subject line*. When people
>> look at the commit log, or even just patch traffic on this list, CVE
>> numbers should *jump* at them.
>
> Good request. How about we document it as requirement at somewhere
> (Contributions.txt?)? Then people can easily find the requirement and
> follow it.

I agree, we should have documented it somewhere explicitly.

Stephano, can you please add a note to the "well-formed commit messages"
topic that CVE number should be documented in the subject lines? My
apologies for not thinking about this earlier.

>> e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com">http://mid.mail-archive.com/e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com
>>

> Sorry, I could not access it.

I'm unsure if you mean that you didn't see that message when I posted
it, or else that you've now tried to follow the link, but it doesn't
work for you. Does the official edk2-devel archive work perhaps? Here's
a link within that, to the same message:

https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2018-August/028700.html

Please see my request (1).

Either way -- I totally agree this hasn't been documented appropriately
before.

Thanks