Hi Laszlo,

On 2018/10/18 21:09, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
On a tangent:

On 10/18/18 04:45, Zeng, Star wrote:
On 2018/10/18 2:27, Laszlo Ersek wrote:

e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com">http://mid.mail-archive.com/e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com

Sorry, I could not access it.

I'm unsure if you mean that you didn't see that message when I posted
it, or else that you've now tried to follow the link, but it doesn't
work for you. Does the official edk2-devel archive work perhaps? Here's
a link within that, to the same message:

https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2018-August/028700.html

The edk2-devel archive link works for me. But I did not review this
thread and did not see the request. :(

OK, understood.

FYI, I could not access the redhat archive link
e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com">http://mid.mail-archive.com/e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f111@redhat.com,
I just heard some other people also could not access it.

That link isn't a "Red Hat" link. It is a link that points to

   mid.mail-archive.com

The site "mid.mail-archive.com" is a search service from
mail-archive.com. The URL is composed as follows:

   mid.mail-archive.com + "/" + <Message-Id>

In the <Message-Id> part, the user can place the message-id header of
the email that they are looking for.

In the current case, the Message-Id of the email that I wanted to direct
you to was:

   e62f7104-e341-6c7f-1af5-2130f161f...@redhat.com

It ends with "@redhat.com" only because the message-id was originally
generated by a RH SMTP server (because the message was sent by me). So,
the complete link is not a "Red Hat" link; it is a mail-archive.com link
that happens to end with "@redhat.com" -- because the message ID that I
put in the URL, for the search service, ends with "@redhat.com".

I am not familiar with using mail-archive.com.
I just did some check and found it is interesting that I could access https://www.mail-archive.com/edk2-devel@lists.01.org/msg43513.html, it is because it has "https"? Not sure.

Thanks,
Star

.... Anyway, I understand now that mail-archive.com may not be accessible
from behind the Great Firewall. I'll try to keep in mind to provide both
edk2-devel archive links, and mail-archive.com links. (Normally I prefer
mail-archive.com because it shows the thread structure much better.)

Thanks!