Hi Ard,

On 12/10/18 09:36, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> Could anyone remind me why we have OpensslLib and OpensslLibCrypto?
> Since these are static libraries, only the referenced objects should
> be included in the final module anyway, so OpensslLibCrypto seems
> redundant to me.

please see commit 823005621ef4 ("CryptoPkg/OpensslLib: introduce
OpensslLibCrypto instance", 2017-02-25).

>> Namely, please *prepend* a patch to the series that simply deletes the
>> "[Components.IA32, Components.X64]" line, bringing all these drivers to
>> ARM/AARCH64, in the NetworkPkg.dsc build. Once we validate the new patch
>> separately (simply by test-building it), then the current patch can
>> simply replace the component list with the !include directive -- and
>> such a replacement won't incur arch-specific changes.
>>

> Ack

Liming and I strongly disagreed on this point, and I yielded. Please see
the sub-thread that ended with the following comment:

e790855d-2cd9-1820-7187-0ec1dc52dabc@redhat.com">http://mid.mail-archive.com/e790855d-2cd9-1820-7187-0ec1dc52dabc@redhat.com

(Alternative link:
<https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2018-November/032949.html>.)

[...]