Just a short comment below.

(Not changing my stance in any way that I've presented thus far; the
comment is only meant in addition to / as a clarification for that.)

On 02/15/19 09:43, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> I would like to see more engagement from these contributors in the
> actual project before we start rebuilding our infrastructure around
> them.

Agreed. In my opinion, some public "testimonials" would be nice, such as

  Yes, the mailing list based workflow is the one thing that prevents us
  from sharing patches, listening to and addressing reviews, posting
  updated patches, and commenting on others' patches.