Hi experts!

I make a simple hello world project just to learn how the Intel debugger
tool works, but unfortunately, I still don’t understand how to make it..

My .INF file is this way:

[Defines]

  INF_VERSION                         = 0x00010005

  BASE_NAME                          = HelloWorldDebugger

  FILE_GUID                              =
6987936E-ED34-44db-AE97-1FA5E4ED2117

  MODULE_TYPE                      = UEFI_APPLICATION

  VERSION_STRING                  = 1.0

  ENTRY_POINT                        = main

[Packages]

  MdePkg/MdePkg.dec

[LibraryClasses]

  UefiApplicationEntryPoint

[Sources]

  Hello.c

And My .DSC file is this way:

[Defines]

  PLATFORM_NAME                             = HelloDebbuger

  PLATFORM_GUID                              =
FFF87D9A-E5BB-4AFF-9ADE-8645492E8087

  PLATFORM_VERSION                        = 0.91

  DSC_SPECIFICATION                         = 0x00010005

  OUTPUT_DIRECTORY                         = C:\Build\HelloWorldDebugger

  SUPPORTED_ARCHITECTURES          = IA32|X64

  BUILD_TARGETS                                = DEBUG|RELEASE

  SKUID_IDENTIFIER                             = DEFAULT

[SkuIds]

  0|DEFAULT              # The entry: 0|DEFAULT is reserved and always
required.

[LibraryClasses]

  BaseLib|MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf

  BaseMemoryLib|MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf

UefiBootServicesTableLib|MdePkg/Library/UefiBootServicesTableLib/UefiBootServicesTableLib.inf

UefiApplicationEntryPoint|MdePkg/Library/UefiApplicationEntryPoint/UefiApplicationEntryPoint.inf

  PcdLib|MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf

  DebugLib|MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf

PeCoffExtraActionLib|SourceLevelDebugPkg/Library/PeCoffExtraActionLibDebug/PeCoffExtraActionLibDebug.inf

DebugCommunicationLib|SourceLevelDebugPkg/Library/DebugCommunicationLibSerialPort/DebugCommunicationLibSerialPort.inf

DebugAgentLib|SourceLevelDebugPkg/Library/DebugAgent/SecPeiDebugAgentLib.inf

[Components]

  UEFI_HelloWorld\Hello\Hello.inf

That I understand of the manual, the windbg should stop in Sec phase, but
it does not, and the windbg returns a message:

"Could not start kernel debugging using
exdi:clsid={66C102B6-D4F6-4F8E-84CC-B09802D364EA} parameters, HRESULT
0x80010105 The server threw an exception."

I would like to know what I’m doing wrong.

must I add some reference of DebugAgentLib on my .INF? If yes, when I try
do it, the compiler returns an error message:

“error 1001: Module type [UEFI_APPLICATION] is not supported by library
instance
[c:\udk2010.sr1\SourceLevelDebugPkg\Library\DebugAgent\SecPeiDebugAgentLib.inf
”

I’m running from a USB flash device, must I add another file beyond of the
.EFI?

--
Dênis Alberto Silverio