On Feb 1, 2013 Jordan Justen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Olivier Martin <olivier.mar...@arm.com>
> wrote:
> > Linaro maintains their own git-svn service:
> > http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=mirror/edk2/edk2.git;a=summary
>
> Andrew,
>
> While I agree with you that git-svn is a great thing for working with
> svn, here is another example of how git-svn is so close, yet so far...
>
> It looks as though they are using an independent git-svn mirror.
>
> Thus their r14118 is not the same as our mirror's r14118:
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/commit/c9e8881516a1a09a5f4b19d459710286524bcda8
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=mirror/edk2/edk2.git;a=commit;h=51b74ef3738e7f33b4f93878a3b40cab9254230c

Yup, we know about that and it is a problem. We're going to respin the
Linaro UEFI tree to use the same git-svn mirror.... My assumption was
that this is the tree to use:

http://tianocore.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=tianocore/edk2;a=summary

Is that correct? It appears to have the same base as the github tree
you quoted above.

> This mismatch generally makes sharing changes/trees more difficult,
> and thus is a point in favor of git vs. git-svn.

s/more difficult/impossible/  The git mirrors become basically
read-only w.r.t. the mainline tree. You cannot apply anything to the
git tree and do a round trip out to the mainline svn tree. It needs to
be respun to bring anything back in.

g.