On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 11:11 +0000, Grant Likely wrote:

> > This mismatch generally makes sharing changes/trees more difficult,
> > and thus is a point in favor of git vs. git-svn.
>
> s/more difficult/impossible/  The git mirrors become basically
> read-only w.r.t. the mainline tree. You cannot apply anything to the
> git tree and do a round trip out to the mainline svn tree. It needs to
> be respun to bring anything back in.

Right. If we're serious about EDK-II being a base for real engineering
collaboration, rather than just an irrelevant fig leaf while everyone
*actually* ships something completely different¹, then I think we really
need to be using a *distributed* version control system. It's the only
sane way to permit the flow of commits from one tree to another.

--
dwmw2

¹ Which unfortunately seems to be the case even for *Intel* boards; we
  can't even manage to eat our own dogfood on the boards we ship
  ourselves :(