On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Laszlo Ersek <ler...@redhat.com> wrote:
> So, I found no regressions in my usual environment (after fixing the
> ASSERT() with the attached patch).

Does my current ovmf-nvvars branch also fix this issue?
https://github.com/jljusten/edk2.git ovmf-nvvars

I updated patch 3 "OvmfPkg: Add NV Variable storage within FD" to
update PcdVariableStoreSize to 0xe000 as well. (PCDs are awesome, but
they are also terrible.)

I think the comment on this PCD in MdeModulePkg.dec may refer to
MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/EmuRuntimeDxe.

(Off topic: At one point I had hoped that
OvmfPkg/EmuVariableFvbRuntimeDxe could eventually deprecate
MdeModulePkg's EmuRuntimeDxe driver. Technically there is no reason it
couldn't, but it doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon.)

-Jordan