Hi Olivier,

I've just noticed that the upstream EDK2 repository for the FVP AEMv8
model is broken when built with Linaro GCC 13.12 onwards.

The error I see is:

UEFI firmware (version  built at 14:54:24 on Feb 21 2014)
add-symbol-file
/linaro/uefi/master/upstream/edk2.git/Build/ArmVExpress-FVP-AArch64/DEBUG_ARMGCC/AARCH64/ArmPlatformPkg/PrePi/PeiMPCore/DEBUG/ArmPlatformPrePiMPCore.dll
0x88000780
Decompress Failed - Not Found

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)
ASSERT /linaro/uefi/master/upstream/edk2.git/ArmPlatformPkg/PrePi/PrePi.c(194):
!EFI_ERROR (Status)

I've tracked the bug as far as function "FfsProcessSection" [1] where
at line 373, it calls into function "ExtractGuidedSectionDecode" [2]
which then calls into "SavedData->ExtractDecodeHandlerTable [Index]".
At that point, I can't work out where it goes.

I can "fix" the problem if I re-org the variables at the top of
FfsProcessSection so that DstBuffer is at the start of the
declarations.  That is obviously not a fix.  But it will probably hint
at why the subsequent code is broken.

Cheers,
Ryan

[1] EmbeddedPkg/Library/PrePiLib/FwVol.c, line 285
[2]
EmbeddedPkg/Library/PrePiExtractGuidedSectionLib/PrePiExtractGuidedSectionLib.c:166