On Wed, 2014-10-15 at 01:47 -0500, Scott Duplichan wrote:

> I agree completely about redundant tool chains. For example, EDK2
> currently has separate tool chains for VS2008 on Win32 and VS2008
> on Win64. This particular problem is easily solved using environment
> variables to handle the tool install path difference between Windows
> versions that the duplicate tool chains are currently handling.

Speaking of such things, I hear that Microsoft have *finally* started
updating their C standards support to at least catch up with the end of
the 20th century, and the latest versions of VS actually have some
incomplete C99 support.

Might we be able to use named structure initializers some time soon?

--
dwmw2