On 2015-07-01 23:22:37, Andrew Fish wrote:
> > On Jul 1, 2015, at 11:08 PM, Jordan Justen <jordan.l.jus...@intel.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On 2015-07-01 22:35:12, Gao, Liming wrote:
> >> Ard:
> >>  Good to know --script option can be appended and work fine.
> >
> > So, --script will be specified twice to ld. This seems like a very
> > fragile implementation of a new UEFI feature.
> >

> I'm not sure about specifics, but in general build tools always
> honor the last invocation of a flag, as that's required to support
> local overrides. For example you can turn off optimization in an INF
> as the 2nd compiler optimization flag has precedence.
>
> Do the include a file flags work differently?

I don't think we should base the build process for an important UEFI
feature on the way that tools work 'in general'. Is this an important
feature for EDK II to support?

Assuming it is important, do we really expect all platforms to add
linker specific flags to their .dsc to support such a feature? It
seems like these tool flags should be specified as needed in the Conf
files.

Doesn't it seem more appropriate for the platform to add something
like UEFI_PROPERTIES_TABLE = TRUE to the defines of the .dsc? After
that all the magic should live in BaseTools.

Is this a feature that platforms need to be able to disable? I think
runtime drivers should always be compressed, so it probably won't cost
significant flash space.

-Jordan