On 9 Feb 2001 02:33:08 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Grant Robertson)
wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a client who insist on determining which call centre representative
> is the weeks best performer. We conduct weekly interviews and ask
> respondents to rate each representative. For some reps we conduct 5
> interviews others 1 and so on. Now the question is how do you go about
> determining which rep performed best, we combine the two top box ratings.
 [ ... ]

 - I agree with the earlier posts, that you should point out the
relevant literature to your boss;  that the endeavor generally goes
against a whole lot of professional advice about the morale and
ratings, etc.

What you are doing seems arbitrary and onerous, that you should
combine the "two top box ratings"  when the number of ratings varies
from 1 to 5.

For the beginnings of fairness:  Do the ratings "proportionate to" the
amount of service, and then you might consider some rule like, a Bonus
for  *every*  rating of  "Exceptional".

--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html