Rather than use experimental designs which are
constructed to meet criteria irrelevant to your
problem, you might consider Latin hypercubes or a
numerical sequence such as a Faure sequence. These
are space filling structures that might make good
starting sets. Latin hypercubes may be easiest for
you. The columns of a Latin hypercube are
permutations of the same set of values, say the
integers 1 to N. Each column uses a different
peurmutation. See McKay, et.al. (1979) A
comparison of three methods for selection values
of input vriables in the analysis of output from a
computer code. Technometics. 21-2. 239-245.

--
Bob Wheeler --- (Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
        ECHIP, Inc.