--------------DE34B4B3992EAE931AB0DBAE

Are your 15-20 questions meant to represent a single construct?
e.g., Spelling ability, attitudes, values?
In other words, are these "items" meant to be summarized into a scale?
Do they have the same response scale? e.g., dichotomies or likert?

Dianne Worth wrote:

> I have a regression model with (mostly) identifiable IVs.  In
> addition,
> I want to examine another set of responses and have about 15-20
> questions that relate to that new 'factor.'  Some years ago, I took a
> class in
> which we performed data reduction.  Of course, I no longer have a
> textbook with that information.
>
> Question:  Should I perform Principal Components and then Factor
> Analysis to determine the new constructs?  I (barely) use SAS and can
> never
> understand the directions.  A book on SPSS was more helpful.
>
> Appreciate any help --
>
> DW

> Yahoo! Mail Personal Address - Get email at your own domain with
> Yahoo! Mail.

--------------DE34B4B3992EAE931AB0DBAE

Are your 15-20 questions meant to represent a single construct?
IVs.&nbsp; In addition,
took a class in
and can never
Mail Personal Address</a> - Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.</blockquote>

--------------DE34B4B3992EAE931AB0DBAE--