Could it be that it was more like "Ninety percent of the students in
District X were above the national median?"

WBW

William B. Ware, Professor and Chair               Educational Psychology,
CB# 3500                                       Measurement, and Evaluation
University of North Carolina                         PHONE  (919)-962-7848
Chapel Hill, NC      27599-3500                      FAX:   (919)-962-1533
http://www.unc.edu/~wbware/                          EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]