In sci.stat.consult Tracey Continelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> value.  I'm not sure why you'd want to reduce the size of the data
> set, since for the most part the larger the "N" the better.

Actually, for datasets of the OP's size, the increase in power from the
large size is a mixed blessing, for the same reason that many
hard-of-hearing people don't terribly like wearing hearing aids: they
bring up the background noise just as much as the signal.  With an N of
one million, practically *any* effect you can test for is going to be
significant, regardless of how small it is.