--------------BB4FA7270D1DE5E3C7A6342A

I am trying to test a mediational model via multiple regression, to see
of the beta for the relationship between X and Y is significantly
reduced by covarying A.  I need to test for significant differences
between the beta X -> Y without A in the equation, and with A in the
equation.

These don't strike me as independent betas.  Are they?  I have skimmed
through several regression texts, such as Cohen & Cohen and Pedhazur, as
well as reading baron & Kenny's 1986 J Personality and SSocial Psych
article.  I cannot find a formula for testing differences between a
particular regression weight in successive regression models.

Any help is much appreciated!

jason
--------------BB4FA7270D1DE5E3C7A6342A

begin:vcard
n:Osborne, Ph.D;Jason W.
tel;fax:405-325-6655
tel;work:405-325-1067
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/O/Jason.W.Osborne-1/home.html
org:Department of Educational Psychology;University of Oklahoma
adr:;;820 Van Vleet Oval;Norman;OK;73019;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Assistant Professor
fn:Jason W. Osborne, Ph.D