On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Wouter Duyck wrote:

> I have a question.  I have n subjects.  For each subject, I have a
> proportion.  I want to test if there are some differences in that
> proportion, depending on some independent variables (e.g. sex) on which
> the subjects differ.
>
> Can I use those proportions as a dependent variable in an ANOVA?

        Why not?  Proportions are means, after all.  Might even be more
interesting analyses to be pursued, if the proportions represent (or,
perhaps, conceal?) some repeated measures on the subjects.
                                                        -- DFB.
 Donald F. Burrill                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 348 Hyde Hall, Plymouth State College,          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSC #29, Plymouth, NH 03264                                 603-535-2597
 184 Nashua Road, Bedford, NH 03110                          603-471-7128