Graham Clarke wrote:
> Does anyone know of a book on statistics (or maths) that likewise is a
> good non-technical read?  perhaps about some statistical 'characters'

Not statistics, not even a 'maths' book but an enjoyable read is 'The
Calendar' by David Ewing Duncan.  The subtitle reads,
The 5000 year struggle to align the clock and the heavens..."

I read it recently, enjoyed it, and learned much.

Cheers

Rex
--
Rex Boggs                    Phone: 0749 282 488
Glenmore SHS                 Fax:   0749 261 390