Last vacation I enjoyed reading Jostein Gaarder's "Sophie's World" which is
an engaging and thought-provoking introduction to philosophy presented in
the form of a novel. I can also recommend the following two books on
mathematics and two other books on philosophy.

John Allen Paulos "A Mathematician Reads the Newspaper"
Rudy Rucker "The Fourth Dimension and How to Get There"

Daniel Dennett "Consciousness Explained" (Philosophy of Mind)
Robin Dunbar "The Trouble with Science" (Philosophy of Science)

However, I shall be reading "The Meme Machine" by Susan Blackmore.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Graham

Dr Graham D. Smith
Psychology Division