> > Ronald B. Livingston asked:
> >
> > >Are there "standards" for describing the skew of a distribution?  For
> > >example, 0 to 1 = mild; 1 - 2 = moderate, etc.  I am aware of tests of
> > >significance for skew, but with large samples practically any skew is
> > >significant. Any references would be appreciated.

A student recently came in having divided skewness scores by their
standard errors.  A procedure he said he got from a text.  Does this in
fact make any sense at all?

Michael

Michael M. Granaas
Associate Professor                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology
University of South Dakota             Phone: (605) 677-5295
Vermillion, SD  57069                  FAX:   (605) 677-6604
All views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect those of the University of South Dakota, or the South
Dakota Board of Regents.