Thomas,

I just graduated from a biostatistics department. My advice to you is to
apply to the schools you want and take the Biology/Chemistry/Genetics
courses once you are enrolled into the biostatistics department. Most 1-st
year biostat courses will not require advance science knowledge. Once in
the program you can take whatever science courses you like, some may count
towards your degree, some may not. Bios faculty are generally very
supportive of students wanting to increase their science knowledge base.

I followed this methodology and found the biological supporting courses I
took to be very useful and interesting.

I hope this helps

Jim MacDougall