Hello,
Was the variable used for the "pilot study" the main outcome measure of
interest?  If so, then you must have known all the information necessary for
conducting a power study for a full blown clinical trial.  That is, you must have
had some estimate of the variance and an estimate of the clinically important
difference(s).  If so, why do you need a pilot study?  If not, then you don't
have enough information to do a power study to begin with...well, you could use
Cohen's rather vague "small", "medium" and "large" criteria.
Warren May