I'm working on something like this as well, which'll hopefully go on the
Internet in the not-too-distant future.

Tim Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> <snip>
> Use &radic; (#8370) instead, because that's what it's there for.  It
> conveys the meaning regardless of the user's installed font set.

Will older browsers recognise &#radic; or &#8370;?  How old?  And will they
find it in the Symbol font if it's there?

> <snip>
> Forcing the client to DL a font could be considered quite rude.

Who said anything about forcing?

Is there any law of netiquette that stops you putting in something like

    This site best viewed if you have the Yzzyx font installed.  To download
it, cilck here....

as with sites that recommend or require a certain minimum browser version?

But again, linking a font so that it is downloaded with the document isn't
quite the same ... isn't it just like including images in your page?

> <snip>

Stewart.