I just sent out a posting and immediately got back three automated
messages from people saying they are away.  This gave me a great idea
for making money off the Internet -- set up a network for house
burglars!  You join every list in sight and send a nonsense message to
them all.  Then you harvest the "I'm away now" messages and forward
them to the burglars subscribing to your service.  Of course, if
someone in Cowbell Corners, NH, (I'm not making that up!) is away, you
only send that info to burglars within a 50 mi. radius of CC.  Think
of how this would increase the computer literacy of burglars!

With cat like tread...

                                Major-General Stanley

      _
     | |                    Robert W. Hayden
     | |          Work: Department of Mathematics
    /  |                Plymouth State College MSC#29
   |   |                Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264  USA
   | * |                fax (603) 535-2943
  /    |          Home: 82 River Street (use this in the summer)
 |     )                Ashland, NH 03217
 L_____/                (603) 968-9914 (use this year-round)
Map of New        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (works year-round)
Hampshire         http://mathpc04.plymouth.edu (works year-round)