In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Chiu) wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Does anyone happen to know of a way to generate integers that have a
normal
> distribution or a distribution close to a normal distribution?
>
> I am trying to generate some whole-numbers with a given range, mean,
and
> standard deviation. For example, I was wondering if one could
simulate,
> say, 1000 random numbers with a mean 3.5, standard deviation 1, and a
range
> going from 1 to 6?
>
> Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
>
> Sincerely,
> Chris

If you want to create pseudo random numbers from a discrete probability
distribution with your specified probabilities, you can try the Randlib
library (in C or Fortran). You can also do so using software packages
like S-Plus or R. The URL for Randlib is listed at

   http://www.fortran2000.com

--
T.S. Lim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]