This is a mixture model. There are three ways to
treat it:
(1) Ignore one of the variables -- this is not
symmetric
(2) Use a Scheffé model which is symmetric but has
a special form
(2) Use a Cox model with is an ordinary polynomial
model with restrictions on the parameters.

Several statistical programs will make the
calculations, including ECHIP. There is a book by
John Cornell which may help -- I don't think he
treats Cox's model, but I don't remember.

--
Bob Wheeler --- (Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
        ECHIP, Inc.