In article <8pp6a8$24d$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hello,

>A colleague has asked me about what flavor of linear regression to
>use when the explanatory variable(s) are proportions.  I know that
>logistic regression handles situations when the *response* variable
>is a proportion, but are there special considerations when the
>explanatory vars are proportions (0 to 1)?  I know that such vars
>should be independent, and they cannot all be independent if they
>sum to 1.

Formulate the model using your colleague's theoretical knowledge.

Do not attempt to make it a linear or logistic regression, unless
that is what your THEORY, derived without any knowledge about
statistical procedures, tells you to do so.

Then go to someone who understands statistical theory and how to
apply it for help in getting answers.

Statistics is not a collection of methods.

--
This address is for information only.  I do not claim that these views
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Phone: (765)494-6054   FAX: (765)494-0558