I took my undergrad math-stat sequence in the early 90's out of the fourth
edition of Freund/Walpole's "Mathematical Statistics".

I am teaching (for my first time), the undergrad math-stat sequence out of
"Probability and Statistical Inference" (fifth edition) by Hogg and Tanis.
The Hogg-Tanis book is somewhat easier than Hogg-Craig.  I'd be interested to
hear what others are doing.

Chris
>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jerry Dallal) =====
>Back in the "old days", the standard text for an undergraduate math stat
>course was Hogg & Craig.  I had some fondness for Lindgren.  I haven't
>taught this course in nearly 20 years.  Which texts occupy their position
>today?
>
>Thanks.

>Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
>the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                  http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

Christopher Mecklin, PhD
Assistant Professor
Murray State University