Herman Rubin wrote:

> I believe it is more important to point out that, for regular
> problems, the likelihood function is asymptotically that of
> a normal translation parameter.  This gets far more, as well
> as an understanding of computational methods.

Nicely put.

> >> The question is which undergraduates.

> >Not an issue for me.

> I see it as a major issue.

It probably is, but not for me.  I just like to look at textbooks
and was curious about which ones were currently in high regard.

BTW, Mood and Graybill was a very nice text.  I don't know why I
overlooked it.  Perhaps because it never seemed to gain the same
kind  of widespread use as H&C.  Don't know why.