says...

> Actually, it often strikes me as curious that so many
> people continue to report results as p < .05, when they
> could in fact report the actual value.

Well, the exact value isn't really all that relevant, certainly if
significance is smaller that .001 (who cares if it's .0009 or 9E-32?).
Most researchers don't care about the exact p-value as long as it's less
than .01 -- in that case the results are solid, give them two stars **.
If the p-value is between .05 and .01, the results are significant, but
keep an eye on them, there's a real chance these results are fluke. One
star only *.

"A statistician is a person whose lifetime ambition is to be wrong 5% of
the time".