Gökhan wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

>Hi!
>I wonder how the public is evaluating  the normal distribution function
>in realworld applications. I am implementing some methods where i have
>to calculate different times probability functions relying on normal
>distribution functions with steadily changing covariance matrix and mean
>
>values...
>I know that my methods work in matlab but implementing them on c++ makes
>
>one think about speed ;-)
>
>Can anyone give me a link or a hint how to evaluate the determinant btw
>the inverse
>of the SYMETRIC covariance matrix and so the normal distribition
>function rapidly?
>Thanks in advance.
>gökhan
>
>--
>
>====================================
>Gökhan BakIr
>Insitute of Robotics and Mechatronics
>German National Research Institute for Aero and Space
>82234 Oberpfaffenhofen
>Tel: + 49-8153 - 28 2440
>ICQ : 82040497
>www.fastray.de

I don't understand this either.
Mention of the covariance matrix suggests that it is
the multivariate normal which is wanted, not the simple
univariate normal.

For the univariate normal, see the Applied Statistics
algorithm AS66, either from statlib:
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu
or from my ozemail web site;

The multivariate normal integral is much more difficult.
There is some code at my ozemail website.   You could
also try Alan Genz's web site at Washington State Univ.

All of the above code is in some version of Fortran, some
ancient, some modern.

--
Alan Miller, Retired Scientist (Statistician)
CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences