In article <8vk5h2$516l9$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Li0N_iN_0iL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Herman Rubin wrote:

>>anyone wanting to learn good statistics should not even
>>consider taking an "undergraduate" statistics course

>Nonsense.

Not only is that not nonsense, but it is quite difficult
to get students who have learned techniques to consider
what, if any, basis was behind those techniques.
Meaningful statistics is based on the concept of
probability, not the computation of probabilities, and
consideration of the totality of consequences.

--
This address is for information only.  I do not claim that these views
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Phone: (765)494-6054   FAX: (765)494-0558