From: Dalby, James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 7:43 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: common mistakes in statistics

Does anyone on the list know of any books or articles describing the most common statistical mistakes in the scientific literature?  I am particularly interested in statistical errors in the ecological literature, but am open to information on errors in other literature too.  I seem to remember someone on the list raising this topic several months ago, but unfortunately, I did not save the related e-mail messages.  Thank you.

Dr. James E. Dalby, Jr., Biometrician
BC Ministry of Environment, Lands & Parks
Nanaimo, British Columbia
CANADA, V9T-6J9
Phone: (250) 751-7246, Fax: 751-3103
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gov.bc.ca/elp/

"The best thing about being a statistician is
that you get to play in everyone's backyard".
--- John W. Tukey (American statistician, 1915-2000)