In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dalby, James) wrote:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C05FEF.19260B40
>
> Does anyone on the list know of any books or articles describing the
most
> common statistical mistakes in the scientific literature?  I am
particularly
> interested in statistical errors in the ecological literature, but am
open
> to information on errors in other literature too.  I seem to remember
> someone on the list raising this topic several months ago, but
> unfortunately, I did not save the related e-mail messages.  Thank you.
>
> Dr. James E. Dalby, Jr., Biometrician
> BC Ministry of Environment, Lands & Parks
> Nanaimo, British Columbia
> CANADA, V9T-6J9
> Phone: (250) 751-7246, Fax: 751-3103
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.gov.bc.ca/elp/

These provide a good start:

Fowler, N. 1990.  The 10 most common statistical errors.  Bull. Ecol.
Soc. America 71: 161-164.

Hurlbert, S. H.  1984.  Pseudoreplication and the design of ecological
field experiments.  Ecological Monographs 54:  187-211.

--
Eugene D. Gallagher
ECOS, UMASS/Boston

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/