[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Since the vote difference between Bush and Gore falls within the margin
> of error for the counting process, declaring the winner is
> mathematically indeterminable within any reasonable degree of
> scientific confidence.
>
> Since we cannot know who has won, the Florida Legislature should use
> their power to honor the will of the people by choosing 25 electors
> that proportionally represent the two candidates based on the popular
> vote.
>
> This solution is both common-sensical and constitutional.

As has already been said, probably on another thread, deciding that
the vote is `too close to call' requires a judgement just as arbitary and
contestable as calling a winner.

In general  proportional representation for electors seems a good idea.
[So like many good ideas in voting it will never be generally implemented?]

Peter