i visited this page ... here are a few comments

1. you have 9 scenarios on the page but, really ... you don't need that many

area above/below a point
area between or beyond 2 points

so ... i would reduce the number of basic graphs that you present

2. if you reduce 1 above .... then you can put BOTH the graphs AND the
dialogs that visitors fill in on the same page ...

let's say that the problem is ... area above or below a point ...

you have a graph shown ... with mythical point shown ... but, visitor in a
box ... enters their OWN z ... then you give back to them ... area below
AND the area above ... kill two birds with one stone

for area between or beyond two points .... same idea ...one graph ... 2 zs
they input ... then, you return area BETWEEN and area BEYOND ...

3. also ... you need a few more WORDS to people as to what to do ... now,
most will figure out you ENTER some z into the input box but ... it is not
obviously clear that you do that ... so TELL them how to use it ... can't hurt

there are a number of these routines available in other places such as ...

http://members.aol.com/johnp71/javastat.html#Tables

At 01:30 PM 7/27/01 -0500, EAKIN MARK E wrote:

>I have just finished creating an ASP web page that will help students
>use a normal table that gives probabilities for ranges of the standard
>normal that start at 0 up to a Z value. If you wish to try it, go to
>
>http://www2.uta.edu/eakin/busa3321/normaltable/p2.asp
>
>I would be interested in feedback.
>
>Dr. Mark Eakin
>Informations Systems and Operations Management
>University of Texas at Arlington
>Arlington, Texas 76019
>email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
>the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

dennis roberts, educational psychology, penn state university
208 cedar, AC 8148632401, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm