Hi everybody!

Sure thing that some will find this request annoying and pointless again,
but there's still a lot of confusion about it. Yes, we do want to compare
factor patterns. Actually we need to evaluate whether factorial structures
of 2 tests are similar enough, roughly, to assume they're parallel. For my
own part I think one should use LISREL (or the like), constrain the loadings
of one model to the other one, and evaluate (mis)fit. It shouldn't be too
hard to set this up in SAS. Unfortunately, our client insists on keeping to
SPSS (no LISREL module) and now asks for a "formal" comparison of two explo-
ratory PCAs. He doesn't want to hear that it cannot be done. Still, I feel
that I should collect some opions on the issue before giving up. Anybody out
there to provide some hints ?

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Hans

PD Dr. Hans C Waldmann
Methodology & Applied Statistics in Psychology & the Health Sciences

ZFRF / University of Bremen / Grazer Str 6 / 28359 Bremen / Germany
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://samson.fire.uni-bremen.de/waldmann

friend of: AIX PERL POSTGRES ADABAS SAS TEX