On Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:13:21 -0500
Rich Ulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:31:57 +0000, Mark T <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What are the formulae for calculating the mean to z, larger proportion and smaller
>proportion of a z-score (standardised score) on a standard normal distribution? I
>know about tables listing them all, but I want to know how to work it out for myself
>:o)
>
> Do you want the calculus, or just a numerical approximation?
>
> For starters, in my stats-FAQ, see
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/statfaq/gaussfaq.html

Thanks for your reply. Ummm, unfortunately I don't understand this :o) I am by no
means a mathematician. I am studying psychology and 1/4 of my course is statistics
*for psychology*, ie it's pretty basic without any of the advanced stuff (I hope!).
All I want to know, for interest's sake, is how one calculates the mean to z, larger
proportion and smaller proportion of a standardised score, without having to read
through a long list of numbers. Forgive me if that was covered in your FAQ, but I
couldn't see it! Perhaps you could point me in the direction of the formulae?

Thanks,
Mark