At 07:03 AM 10/5/01 -0500, Olsen, Chris wrote:
>Professor Gallagher and All --
>

>    It would appear that neither the "appeal systems" nor a claim of
>"technical adequacy" would be a response to your concern about bad
>questions.   The claim of technical adequacy, i.e. "that good students tend
>to answer them correctly anyway, but poor students don't" does not, to my
>mind, constitute technical adequacy.

this is absolutely correct ... all they have to go on is the score on the
test ... if we toss in "ability" on something else as a defense ... then,
why give them THIS test in the first place?

dennis roberts, educational psychology, penn state university
208 cedar, AC 8148632401, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm