In sci.stat.consult Doug Federman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: Unfortunately, the preceptors rarely agree on the grades.  One preceptor
: is biased towards the middle of the 1-9 likert scale and another may be
: biased towards the upper end.  Rarely, does a given preceptor use the 1-9
: range completely.  I suspect that a 6 from an "easy" grader is equivalent
: to a 3 from a "tough" grader.

There isn't any good solution.  I would transform each preceptor's grade
to have the same mean and sd.  For the mean, I would use the mean of all
scores and 2 -2.5 for the sd