Happy new year to all.

I frequently use Excel2000 for graphic presentation, spreadsheet maths,
simple nonlinear model fitting (using the Excel solver) with one or two
parameters, and simulations. I thought Excel2000 corrected those errors
found in the analysis tool pack and other in-built computational
procedures in the older 97 version. However, following articles point
out that the developers have done nothing to corrected those errors. I
would like your comments on this. Thanks. Siddeek

    http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~bdm25/excel2000.pdf, unpublished paper
by
    McCullough and Wilson titled On the accuracy of statistical
procedures in Microsoft
    Excel 2000 --- which basically indicates that all of the faults that
existed in Excel 97 still exist in 2000.

http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~jcryer/JSMTalk2001.pdf, paper presented by
Jon Cryer at the recent Joint   Statistical Meetings in Atlanta titled
Problems with using Microsoft Excel for Statistics