The new semester has started and one of my first assignments has been to
find some datasets that I'd be interested in evaluating during some of my
classes.

I spent some time searching the Internet for some interesting data.  The
data available on StatLib is not exactly what I'd prefer to study
(although I guess if I can't find anything else I can always fall back on
StatLib), mainly because the data is not very recent to begin with.  I
found some information but it seems that most of the information I've
found has been in PDF format or some other document-based format that
would be very difficult to read into SAS or S-PLUS.  I can clean data if
needed but would rather not have to go to the trouble of parsing a Word
document (I also found some of them).

The data would be for a Modern Regression Methods class.  I need some
datasets with categorical variables and some datasets with continuous
variables (I guess some datasets with a mix of categorical and continuous
wouldn't be bad, either).

Could someone here steer me in the direction of some good datasets?  Some
of my interests include technology, sports, and vital statistics.

Mike Joner