Thanks for all the information.  Do you know anything about the other
variations of robust regression?  Does it make a big difference if I use
an MM regression, or LTS, or LMS?

Mike

On 11 Jan 2002 11:07:59 -0800 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Humberto Barreto)
wrote:

> A book:
> Rousseeuw, P.J., and Leroy, A.M. (1987), Robust Regression and Outlier
> Detection, New York: John Wiley
>
> A web site:
> http://win-www.uia.ac.be/u/statis/
>
> A web site for LMS (described below):
> http://www.wabash.edu/econexcel/LMSOrigin/Home.htm
>
> A [simple, nontechnical] explanation:
> LS (aka OLS, choose coefficients to min SSR) has a "high breakdown
point," > which means that one outlier can severely tilt the fitted line.